- No matter how big your home is, sometimes it just doesn’t feel that spacious. If you’re looking for ways to make your home feel more open and airy, check out these 12 tips! From decluttering to using mirrors strategically, we’ve got you covered. So read on and start making your space work for you!
In a small space, ingenuity and creativity are indispensable. Every centimeter counts and must be used to the maximum. To make a space look bigger than it is, there are some general rules such as increasing brightness, opt for light colors, ensuring continuity of view, and being equipped with as few pieces as possible.
1. Choose paint in light tones
One of the easiest ways to visually increase space is with paint. Light tones help increase the brightness of a room and also make it look larger.
What are the alternatives to white for painting walls?
- Light beige.
- Soft gray.
2. Make the most of natural light
In any home, natural light is something very precious because it makes us enjoy the spaces more. In addition, natural light helps to make rooms look larger and cozier, so it helps to increase the space visually.
- Optimize the light that enters through the windows.
- Avoid placing furniture in front of the windows.
- Choose translucent curtains like sheers.
3. Larger cabinets, better in light colors
To continue the feeling of having a larger space and maintain the brightness in your room, it is a good idea to have large pieces of cabinets in light tones. This way, the larger pieces will also help to replicate the light. This is one of the basic rules of the Nordic style, which seeks to generate very bright and cozy spaces.
- If the walls are the same color as the cabinets, then these “disappear” visually, giving the sensation of a visual void.
- Integrate details in contrasting colors and also play with different textures and soft patterns.
- Define a color palette with many light tones, with touches of other colors in the decorative objects to create a very nice space.
4. Transparent cabinets to increase space
What could be better than making cabinets visually disappear to gain space? Another way to add luminosity and increase the space visually is with transparent cabinets: acrylic, crystal or glass. These pieces give a feeling of spaciousness, as they allow the view and light to pass through.
5. Integrate mirrors and replicate luminosity
Another easy way to visually increase the space and add light: is with mirrors. Mirrors are surfaces that reflect light and also give the feeling of a larger space.
Dare to increase the space visually with our tips
We hope our ideas have inspired you to look at your small spaces with different eyes. All these tips are ideal to apply in any environment, so there are no more excuses to get to work and make your spaces look much bigger.
If you are looking for help remodeling your home and visually expanding your spaces if you are not sure where to start or need professional help, contact us at (832) 909-7903, Ark Remodeling Services can help you. We will work with you every step of the way to create a space that is perfect for your needs and style. What are you waiting for, get started today!